Welcome to ISLA's Application Portal
If any questions arise while you are completing this application, please email Student Program Coordinator Therese Blacketor email@example.com.
The Glynn Family Honors Program proudly supports a variety of undergraduate research initiatives. Students are eligible to receive up to $4,500 in different grants over the course of their study and up to $5,500 in summer educational or internship support. . While priority is given to students working on thesis research, we encourage students to apply for grants that open up new opportunities or lead to externally-funded grants later.
Research Grants Available
- Research and Travel Grant (up to $4,500)
- Conferences and Professional Development Grants (up to $1,500)
- Materials Grant (up to $1,500)
Internship and Summer Course Grants Available
- Summer Language Immersion (up to $5,500)
- Foreign Language Internships (up to $5,000)
- Service and Cultural Internships (up to $4,500)
Along with the completed application form, students must submit the following:
- Research Proposal Narrative: a pdf of no more than 4 pages with the following sections: (1) Your previous research experiences, (2) Research proposal (project background, description of proposed summer research and its significance, and its relevance to future thesis plans), (3) Career Plans (explanation of how this research experience fits into your career plans, both immediate and long-term).
- Summer Internship and Course Proposal Narrative: a pdf of no more than 2 pages with the following sections: (1) Description and motivation, (2) Background, (3) Future plans. More information here.
- Conference Materials (for students presenting at conferences)
- Advisor Approval Letter - for research proposal (available on Submittable application)
- Budget (available on Submittable application)
- IRB Approval (if necessary)
- Waiver for domestic and/or international travel (available on Submittable application)
- All applications involving international travel must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to departure.
- Students must register trips with ND International before funds will be dispersed.
- All grant recipients must complete a post-Grant Report and provide a thank you letter to the Glynn family for supporting their research.
- Grant recipients are expected to take photos of their research experience and submit them along with the post-Grant Report. Guidelines for photos and the post-Grant Report will be sent along with the acceptance letter.
- Research and Travel Grants for summer research: March 10
- All other grants: rolling basis
This initiative is intended to promote collaborative research among faculty from different disciplines with shared interests and to support the preparation and submission of competitive proposals for external grants.
Seed grants are awarded to groups of researchers. With the exception of Humanities Without Walls seed grants, each group must comprise two or more faculty from at least two departments or academic units at Notre Dame who are committed to exploring a topic of significant importance for the arts, humanities, or social sciences. For all seed grants, at least one faculty member (and at least one planned PI on any proposed external grant application) must have a primary appointment in the College of Arts and Letters. Additional community partners and faculty at other universities may also participate in supported faculty groups.
Allowable costs for interdisciplinary seed grants:
- Books, digital resources, software, and similar materials needed to explore the research topic
- Travel expenses (for site visits, to collaborate with community members or researchers at other institutions)
- Meeting support (e.g., catering, etc.)
Sept. 26, 2022 - Requests for international travel over fall break.
Nov. 25, 2022 - Requests for international travel over winter break.
Jan. 31, 2023 - Grant requests from graduating seniors
Feb. 20, 2023 - Requests for international travel over spring break.
Mar. 19, 2023 - Academic year grant requests & Sciola Grant requests.
Apr. 7, 2023 - DaVinci, Summer Comp and American Dream Grant requests.
Oct. 7, 2022 - Fall GSRA
March 10, 2023 - Spring GSRA
March 19, 2023 - Sciola Grants
Apr. 7, 2023 - American Dream Grants